Update på situationen i det meste af verden
SCI har lavet en lille nytårs - update med informationer om jagtrejsemål over hele verden. Vi bringer den i den foreliggende form og på engelsk:
* West Africa - Burkina Faso, Cameroon, and Liberia - terrorist activities and / or rebels, camps being burned down. Nigerian Army trying to help out, but it has its' own troubles.
* Central African Republic - French troops still in Bangui
* Sudan - rebels and there are US troops there
* Ethiopia - parts under rebel control
* Botswana - concession hunting still closed
* Zimbabwe - new government, everyone is still unemployed and starving, poaching is rampant
* South Africa - rumors are that the government is seizing white owned properties, as happened in Zimbabwe
* Dagestan and Azerbajan - ISIS trained terrorists returned home
* Tadjikistan - price gouging when you get there. Example - $6000.00 for a tip, $20,000 or more for a 60" sheep. Transfer charges of $2900.00. Guides are shooting the sheep. Beware and take lots of money. Poaching by a Russian company has been documented.
* Mexico - drug cartels are killing newly elected mayors etc. The borders are not recommended for crossing due to immigration problems
* Pakistan - Americans were not overly popular there anyway, not to mention the 3 main terrorist groups operating there now, that the US occasionally bombs and kill.
* Turkey - parts are closed due to refugees and different militant factions.
* Malware on computers systems from New Mexico outfitters to Africa to Russia. Thieves are stealing wired deposits and balances. These are reports from affected outfitters
* US Citizens - regardless of continual rumors, we still have not seen or heard of any lion or elephants being imported here. If you book one, plan to leave it behind.
* Canada - still no Polar Bear trophy import. Due to their weak currency and socialism and high wages, check hunt prices. We are receiving significant increases, there may be plenty of openings.